[IronPython] numpy / IronClad?

Jones, Larry Larry.Jones at aspentech.com
Tue Mar 15 15:19:41 CET 2011

Great work on SciPy and NumPy!

Any plans for IPython?

---

Larry Jones
||| Senior Level Development Engineer
Aspen Technology, Inc. ||| +1 281-504-3324 ||| fax: 281-584-1062 ||| www.aspentech.com <http://www.aspentech.com/>

  <http://www.aspentech.com/aspenoneglobalconference/>

From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com [mailto:users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com] On Behalf Of Jason McCampbell
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:25 PM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Cc: Chad Brockman
Subject: Re: [IronPython] numpy / IronClad?

Hi Chad,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were busy getting the beta release of NumPy and SciPy together.  Microsoft announced the availability of NumPy and SciPy for IronPython / .NET  at PyCon the end of last week.

You can find the install instructions here for the pre-built binaries: http://www.enthought.com/repo/.iron/

Alternately you can grab the source code from the following repositories:

    https://github.com/numpy/numpy-refactor

    https://github.com/jasonmccampbell/scipy-refactor

One note we don't have documented right now is that SciPy requires the Python stack frames access, which IronPython doesn't enable by default.  To run SciPy you need to use the "-X:Frames" argument:

    ipy.exe -X:Frames -c "import scipy"

Regards,

Jason