[IronPython] IronPython 2.7.1 & 3.x Development

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Tue Mar 15 17:55:31 CET 2011

Hi, Vernon,

Von: Vernon Cole
> #!/usr/bin/ipy3
> A shebang on the first line is the usual way of specifying which
scripting engine to use on a posix system.

As I wrote, we host IronPython inside our application, so shebang and
file name suffixes are irrelevant - but we could use the shebang as a
marker for python 3 (given that we can host both versions side-by-side)
and parse the source manually to find out which version to use - at
least for a specific grace period.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

___________________________
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 |
Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects:
http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner |
Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915