[IronPython] IronPython 2.7.1 & 3.x Development

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Wed Mar 16 08:23:40 CET 2011

Hi,

Von Tomas Matousek

>>> As I wrote, we host IronPython inside our application, so shebang
and
>>> file name suffixes are irrelevant - but we could use the shebang as
>>> marker for python 3 (given that we can host both versions
>>> side-by-side) and parse the source manually to find out which
version
>>> to use - at least for a specific grace period.
>>
>> I think we can support this - it would be no different than using
>> IronPython and IronRuby side by side, if we do it right. We'd
probably
>> have to rename IronPython.dll to IronPython3.dll as well, but that's
not a
>> big deal.
> The assemblies are strongly named so I don't think that the name
change
> would be necessary.

Maybe we will need some tricks to solve the reference problems - I don't
know whether you can reference two identically named assemblies
containing identically named classes from the same C# dll, even if they
are signed differently. But I think some kind of glue layer dlls could
easily solve that.

Thanks,
Markus