[IronPython] Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:05:08 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:13 AM, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> 1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
> 2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?

1) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="Release"
2) msbuild Solutions/Dlr.sln /p:Configuration="v2Debug" (or "v2Release")

I assume xbuild's command line matches msbuild's.

However, it appears that building the "v2..." targets doesn't work
right now, which I was kinda afraid of. I think there's a discrepancy
between the Microsoft.Scripting DLR and the .NET 4 DLR.

- Jeff