[IronPython] Building IronPython/IronRuby for Mono? Yes!
Tomas.Matousek at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 23 17:21:07 CET 2011
4) You don't need to do this. Use IronPython.Mono.sln to build IronPython and IronRuby.sln to build IronRuby. Those 2 solutions should work on Mono. DLR is built by both as it is a dependency. No need to build Dlr.sln: it includes both languages plus additional test projects - as you noticed some of the test assemblies are not buildable on Mono yet.
4) Edit IronPython/Solutions/Dlr.sln
Removed anything that said "test" and other parts that aren't needed.
(One test had a file that Mono wouldn't read the .il code correctly
(./Test/ClrAssembly/Src/typeforwarder2.il) and some filenames in csproj files that had the wrong case, which doesn't work too well on a case-sensitive file system. I started to fix those, but left that for now).
5) Delete IronPython/bin/Debug/*.dll
6) Build it:
$ mono ipy.exe
IronPython 2.7 DEBUG (18.104.22.168) on .NET 4.0.30319.1 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 1 + 1
It is still in gray colors, but that works.
1) How to build a Release version rather than Debug?
2) How to set the framework to use 2.0 rather than 4.0?
> We won't provide binaries for 2.7/.NET2, but we don't want to prevent
> someone building their own either. 3.0, however, will drop support for
> .NET 2 entirely.
I will add this information to the wiki so that people can do exactly that.
> - Jeff
Users mailing list
Users at lists.ironpython.com
More information about the Ironpython-users