[IronPython] Creating Symbolic Links via IronPython

Lukáš Duběda loocas at duber.cz
Thu Mar 31 21:43:18 CEST 2011

Hi there everyone,

I've been trying to find a solution for creating Symbolic Links
via IronPython scripting, but it seems there is not a direct
way of doing this via .NET and since I don't know C#, I have
hard times "translating" C# snippets I've found on the net
to IronPython. For example:

[Interop.DllImport("kernel32.dll", EntryPoint="CreateSymbolicLinkW",
CharSet=Interop.CharSet.Unicode)]
public static extern int CreateSymbolicLink(string lpSymlinkFileName,
string lpTargetFileName, int dwFlags);

So, I thought asking here would probably be the best place for
the best advice (i.e. what to avoid using etc...).

Any advice on this topic would be much appretiated!

Thanks a lot in advance, cheers,

Lukáš Duběda
Director
[T] +420 602 444 164