[IronPython] Problems running simple executable compiled with the pyc.py tool

iiyo cc iiyocc at gmail.com
Fri May 6 22:32:07 CEST 2011

Alright, I've come upon another problem, this time with using /target:winexe
with a wpf type project. It seems to crash without any kind of error. I also
noticed some curious things about the parameter order.
Here's the sample source I used to test: wpf.py and wpf.xaml ->
http://codepad.org/XRLF8OSc

Compiling with:

> "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Tools\Scripts\pyc.py" /out:wpf /target:winexe
> /main:wpf.py wpf.py

For some reason, this will compile as a Console Application type

Changing the order:

> "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\ipy.exe" "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\IronPython 2.7\Tools\Scripts\pyc.py" /out:wpf  /main:wpf.py
> /target:winexe wpf.py

This compiles correctly, although it simply crashes on load.

Any ideas? Is it possible to compile if using wpf? I'm lost here - enjoying
IronPython, but its distribution sure is hell.