[IronPython] Compiling IronPython for .NET 3.5

Raghavendra Chandrashekara raghavendra.chandrashekara at gmail.com
Sat May 7 02:26:22 CEST 2011

Hi All,

I am trying to compile IronPython for .NET Framework v 3.5. I have
downloaded the source code from
https://github.com/IronLanguages/main/zipball/ipy-2.7. After opening the
IronPython solution file I tried to change the target framework to 3.5 in
the IronPython project properties page. After doing this I got a message
from VS 2010 that changing the target framework requires the project to be
closed and then reopened, so I clicked Yes to confirm the change. However,
when I opened the project properties again the framework version had
reverted back to v 4.0. Am I doing something wrong? Please can anyone direct
me as to how I should compile IronPython for .NET 3.5?

Thanks,

Raj