[IronPython] Cannot compile IronPythonTools

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed May 11 03:00:01 CEST 2011

You'll need to install the VS SDK (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=47305cf4-2bea-43c0-91cd-1b853602dcc5&displaylang=en) in addition to Visual Studio.

The reason for that is because we use the SDK's project types to get things like a good debugging experience in the experimental hive (you can set IronPythonTools as your setup project and have it launch VS with F5 under the experimental hive.  When building the extension automatically gets deployed to the experimental hive).