[IronPython] socket, _socket, and socket.py

Zachary Gramana zgramana at pottsconsultinggroup.com
Wed May 18 00:38:18 CEST 2011

I noticed this, with a little disappointment. I also noticed that they
implemented a sort of ersatz/platform agnostic reference tracking system
in ssl.py.  Seeing the _makefile_refs system got me thinking about the
whole ssl.py/_ssl.pyd paradigm and sockets.cs, since I remembered you
tackled this issue once before (or one very similar to it:
http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2007-May/004946.html).

Perhaps something along the lines of _makefile_refs and
GC.SuppressFinalize might get us closer?