[Ironpython-users] Memory Leak and Lightweight Scopes

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Tue Nov 15 17:00:20 CET 2011

Hi,

We currently have a massive memory leak using IronPython hosted in our application (about 10-15 MB per script run).

Googling brought up that using the LightweightScopes option should solve that problem. However, I was not able to find any documentation about the implications of lightweight scopes.

Additionally, it seems that this option does not solve our problem, at least not fully. (I'm still researching the details.)

Does anyone have any hints where to redirect my research?

Best regards

Markus Schaber
--
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915