[Ironpython-users] Memory Leak and Lightweight Scopes

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Wed Nov 16 09:42:36 CET 2011

Hi, Dino,

Thanks for your vast amount of information.

Von: Dino Viehland [mailto:dinov at microsoft.com]

> Also make sure that you don't have debugging enabled as that forces to create uncollectible code too and probably overrides the light weight scopes option.

I'll first try to check that one. The reason is that we are using settrace() unconditionally, currently.

If that's the real culprit: How easy is it to remove that dependency? I'd prefer not to go the way using our own AppDomain, as we pass lots of objects between the Host and the Scripts.

Thanks,
Markus Schaber
--
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915