[Ironpython-users] Metro Profile support

Slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:55:33 CET 2011

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Cesar Mello <cmello at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there support for running ironpython in Windows 8 Metro style
> applications? If not, will it be too difficult to implement?
> Just watched this Build 2011 presentation<http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/TOOL-930C>and it seems DLR was not included in the Metro profile.
> Thank you a lot for the attention.
> Best regards
> Mello
I don't think anyone has really looked into this yet. The DLR need not be
included in the Metro profile as you can use it as a separate component
(this is how IP worked pre-4.0). Whether that works or not is unknown at
this point as far as I know. If you try it out (DLR can be found here
http://dlr.codeplex.com/) it would be interesting to know what does and
does not work.