[Ironpython-users] Patch: Warn user when using old print syntax

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Thu Oct 13 10:13:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

Von: Markus Schaber
> The patch below emits a warning during Compilation for print statements
> whose argument list does not start with a '(' if Py3k warnings are enabled.

Somehow, this patch leads to a StackOverFlowException in some cases, so please don't apply it.

(It seemed to work fine in my tests yesterday, though.)

I'm still investigating, but it seems that ErrorSink.Add tries to import the Warnings module, which itself triggers that warning recursively.

Maybe we should find a way to exclude the standard library from this kind of warning? I'll try to check how it is done for -t - or do we simply rely on the fact that the warnings module itself has a consistent indentation?

Best regards

Markus Schaber
--
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915