[Ironpython-users] Patch: Warn user when using old print syntax

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Mon Oct 17 09:05:31 CEST 2011

Hi, Dino,

Von: Dino Viehland [mailto:dinov at microsoft.com]
>> [... reporting warnings for old print statement syntax ...]
> You could add a thread static bool which tracks whether or not we're
> already reporting the warning, and if so don't recurse and report again.

That would fix the problem with recursiveness. But I'd prefer a fix which excludes
the standard library from those warnings, I don't want to swamp our users with useless warnings they can't fix.

Or maybe only trigger the warning on explicit ScriptScope.Compile() calls...

I'll investigate further...

Best regards

Markus Schaber
We software Automation.

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Markus Schaber | Developer
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany | Tel. +49-831-54031-0 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

Email: m.schaber at 3s-software.com | Web: http://www.3s-software.com
CoDeSys internet forum: http://forum.3s-software.com
Download CoDeSys sample projects: http://www.3s-software.com/index.shtml?sample_projects

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915