[Ironpython-users] No module named datetime

Ian Gorse unigee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:27:08 CET 2012

Hi list,

I'm new to mailing lists so apologise if this is done incorrectly - I
didn't know how to search the existing archives.

I am still fairly new to IronPython but managed to pick it up quite
quickly, however I have come to a stumbling block.

I have currently developed a C# application that converts data into
specific file formats. I am using IronPython to handle the conversion
process which allows me to create new converters and modifiy existing
ones on the fly without re-complication of the C# application.
Its wonderful and I couldn't be any happier about it.

However, its time to run the application in a production environment.

Once I have my software installed on a test pc (that has no
developement tools installed), executing the software throws the
Exception..

'No module named datetime'

And I re-created the error using a simple python script

import datetime
now = datetime.datetime.now()

I guess I could get around it by using he .NET DateTime object but I
would prefer to use the python datetime if I can.

What do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks