[Ironpython-users] How can I detect whether I am running ipy.exe or ipy64.exe?

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 22:37:51 CET 2012

I am testing adodbapi with IPy 2.7.2a2 -- using my new laptop which I have
set up as an everything in 64-bit test bed.

My default test database is an .mdb (so-called ACCESS database) file.
Microsoft has decided that the JET engine, which has historically been used
to read and write that format is to be deprecated, so there is no 64 bit
version of it.  It is replaced by the Access Database Engine 2010
redistributable.<http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255>Of
course, the new software requires a different connection string, one
containing "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;".

So, how can I tell which width of IronPython I am running, so I know which
connection string to use?
--
Vernon