[Ironpython-users] should 64 bit sys.maxsize be fixed?

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:37:16 CET 2012

Thanks, Jeff, that sheds proper light on the subject.  I now have it
through my head what "maxsize" means.  I was hoping for a single test which
would detect 64-bit-ed-ness in both Iron and C Python, but it was not to
be.  Looks like I'll have to detect platform first before testing for word
size. But I am going to blindly assume that any Python which does not
define sys.maxsize is 32 bit -- I think that will be safe enough.

By the way -- to help thick headed persons like me who might occasionally
slip and use the old <users at lists.ironpython.com>
 address, it would be nice if the "you screwed up" message which is
automatically sent to the sender... were changed to a "you screwed up but I
am fixing it for you" message.  That way no one else will post the same
message twice when he tries to fix his own mistake.
--
Vernon