[Ironpython-users] Understanding CPython and IronPython linkage

Lucas Vickers lucasvickers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:43:39 CET 2012

Hello,

I am OS X and I am working with a pre-compiled version of IronPython (it is
hosted by Rhino 3d to be specific).

I am attempting to import standard CPython libraries, such as pycurl.  I am
confused as the FAQ states compatibility between IronPython 2.7 and CPython
2.7, but using the following code which works on CPython 2.7.2 fails on
IronPython 2.7.0.

sys.path[0:0] = [
'/Users/lucasvickers/.virtualenvs/rhino/lib/python2.7/site-packages' ]
import pycurl

It claims no module pycurl.  A little more reading shows attempts to allow
linkage between IronPython and CPython such as ironclad (
http://code.google.com/p/ironclad/ ), but then why the claimed
compatibility in the first place?

Can anyone help me understand?  thanks

Lucas