[Ironpython-users] logging.handlers.NTEventLogHandler not in IP?

Hernán Foffani hfoffani at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:13:59 CET 2012

While trying the  logging module, I've found this:

	IronPython 2.7.1 ( on .NET 4.0.30319.239
	>>> import logging
	>>> import logging.handlers
	>>> logging.getLogger().addHandler(logging.handlers.NTEventLogHandler("MyApp"))
	The Python Win32 extensions for NT (service, event logging) appear not to be available.

This handler uses Hammond's win32 dlls. Are there any .NET equivalent class?
An IP implementation might take less than a dozen of lines, I'd guess. What's the best
practice when overriding Python std lib?