[Ironpython-users] logging.handlers.NTEventLogHandler not in IP?

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:38:12 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> Douglas wrote:
>> Speaking of IronPython's use of the standard Python Library, how does one go
>> from IronPython source to an installation with Lib set up properly?
>>
>> I see that there are parts of the standard lib in github... a couple
>> actually: some under External.LCS_RESTRICTED and another in Languages. Is
>> the standard IP lib documented somewhere?
>
> I'm not sure if this has changed at all, but the std lib did indeed used to live in the
> External.LCA_RESTRICTED folder.  The IronPython\27 one is the version that we
> ship w/ Ipy.  It's also the one which contains the tests that we run against including
> some tests which are disabled.  The CPython\27 one is the baseline unmodified CPython
> stdlib and is there to make it easy to do a 3-way merge when updating the standard
> library.

Yes, that's still the case. I'd like to move when bringing the 3.x
library in (to Languages/IronPython/StdLib) but haven't got around to
it.

> When generating the MSI the standard library is generated into the Wix using
> IronPython\StdLib\StdLib.pyproj but for development purposes you can just set IRONPYTHONPATH
> To External.LCA_RESTRICTED\IronPython27\Lib or xcopy the std lib next to
> CPython.  The pyproj only needs to be updated when adding / removing files.

You can also get it by running

    msbuild /t:Stage

in the root of the checkout, and then looking in
Stage\IronPython-2.7.2a0. That's what the zip packages are built from.

- Jeff