[Ironpython-users] Gradually executing a python script

Markus Schaber m.schaber at 3s-software.com
Wed Jul 25 09:06:34 CEST 2012

Hi, Jeff,

Von: Jeff Hardy [mailto:jdhardy at gmail.com]

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > sys.settrace is your friend here. Basically, if a robot tries to
> > execute too many lines between yields (i.e. per turn), remove it from
> > the list of valid robots and show an error.
>
> Forgot to add:
>
> http://www.doughellmann.com/PyMOTW/sys/tracing.html

I always found it a deficiency of IronPython settrace that it does not offer events for calls to non-IronPython .NET methods (either statically compiled from C#/VB/F#... or from other dynamic languages).

cPython has c_call, c_return and c_exception for this. Maybe IronPython could be extended to support those, or maybe dotnet_call, dotnet_return and dotnet_exception.

Grüße,
Markus