[Ironpython-users] Gradually executing a python script

Dino Viehland dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Jul 25 23:09:54 CEST 2012

Markus wrote:
> I always found it a deficiency of IronPython settrace that it does not offer
> events for calls to non-IronPython .NET methods (either statically compiled
> from C#/VB/F#... or from other dynamic languages).
>
> cPython has c_call, c_return and c_exception for this. Maybe IronPython
> could be extended to support those, or maybe dotnet_call, dotnet_return
> and dotnet_exception.

Those are only available for sys.setprofile though, not sys.settrace.
IronPython does have clr.EnableProfiler and clr.GetProfilerData() which I
think gives you similar data (but is less flexible in that you don't get the
callbacks).  If someone wanted to implement this they could look at how those
are implemented and probably do something pretty similar but w/
a callback.