[Ironpython-users] Modifying ASTs when embedding IronPython

Tuomas Utrecht tuomas.utrecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 01:01:17 CET 2012

Ok, I'm going to read up on this, but to confirm, I'd need something like
the following (from reading
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7944521/interrupt-interpreted-user-code-in-silverlight
)?

public class ExpressionRewriter : ExpressionVisitor
{
    protected override Expression VisitBinary(BinaryExpression node)
    {
    }
}

ExpressionVisitor comes from System.Linq.Expressions? I see
BinaryExpression in both System.Linq.Expressions and
IronPython.Compiler.Ast. I don't see that I can override the above unless I
use the Linq one. I will look into Ipy's code further, but I thought I'd
pose these questions.

Thank you for your guidance.