[Ironpython-users] IronPython on Windows Phone

Cesar Mello cmello at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 20:43:13 CET 2012

Hi Jeff,

> Looking at it briefly I can't see an obvious workaround (I'm not sure
> what interactions MaybeNotImplementedAttribute will have); can you
> open an issue and attach a minimal repro if possible?

Sure! I'll open this issue at home later, because the Windows Phone use
case is for a pet project in my spare time just for fun. That said, we are
using IronPython at work with .NET 4, but I don't want to mix personal
stuff with professional duties. You know. :-)

> Also, thank you for looking at WP stuff. It needs people to hammer on
> it to make sure that it works and find its limitations.

Nice! It's a pleasure to help. I just don't have enough knowledge about the
codebase and even Python is a new thing to me, but my objective is to
learn.  Hacking IronPython seems to be the best way to learn and have fun
at the same time. (I've seen quite a nice performance from PyPy so I
imagine there is a lot of room for optimizations in the long run too).

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best regards
Mello