[Ironpython-users] IronPython via nuget - how do I get the class reference documentation?

Nick Aschberger nicka at Vipac.com.au
Wed Mar 7 04:23:33 CET 2012

Hi All,

I have added in IronPython references to my project via nuget, and
things are working swimmingly.

However, as I'm ramping up on using IronPython, I'm finding a need
inside visual studio to hit good 'ol F12, and jump to the definition of
a fn or class to have a bit of a read.  I'm talking specifically about
the CLR objects such as engine, ScriptScope, etc.

However, there is no XML commentary in the referenced DLL, so there is
nothing to read there. No problem - I figured there would be a class
reference or other documentation around to explain to me what each
function is for.

But I can't find one. Perhaps due to weak google-fu. There is nothing
installed, nothing online. Now there must be something out there,
otherwise no-one would know what any of the functions actually do. J

So where can I get this?

Thanks in advance,

Nick Aschberger