[Ironpython-users] IronPython on Windows Phone

Cesar Mello cmello at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 12:39:10 CET 2012

Hi Markus,

Thank you for the advice! I'll try the latest version of MonoDevelop in a
while.

My only success debugging IronPython code on WP7 was using my own projects
made from scratch with some tweaks.

I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the Express editions or my mistake:
I can open the IronPython solution in VS Express for Phone and build the
projects using the WP7Debug configuration. But if I add a new Windows Phone
application project to this solution for debugging, when I Add References
to the IronPython projects I get a messageBox saying:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express for Windows Phone
Unable to add the selected project reference. The project reference must be
another Silverlight for Windows Phone project that is the same or lower
version.

Any suggestions are welcome. :-)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards