[Ironpython-users] NuGet packaging of IronPython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 17:24:44 CEST 2012

Hi Keith,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:15 PM, Keith Rome <rome at wintellect.com> wrote:
> I have a few questions about the contents of the NuGet packages for
> IronPython. They seem to be up-to-date since the current version listed is
> 2.7.2 from 3/13. It looks like JD Hardy is the “owner” of both
> distributions, but I am not sure if he is the one that actually deploys
> them. And these things might just be common knowledge that I am unaware of…

That would be me :) And yes, I do own/deploy them.

> 1.       Does this include the Silverlight build?

Yes, for 4 and 5 (and .NET 4, .NET 3.5, WP71, and Android). I quickly
tested with both types of projects, so it should work.

> 2.       I see there is also an “IronPython Standard Library” package
> listed. Is this the contents of \lib pre-compiled via pyc.py? Or is this
> something else entirely? And related to my first question, does it also
> include a Silverlight version of the binary?

No, it's the normal standard library, although you touched on the
reason why it's separate - eventually there will be compiled and
zipped versions as well (I don't think pyc.py can generate
Silverlight-compatible assemblies right now). It has a dependency on
the other package, so installing it into your project should pull in
the IronPython package as well.

- Jeff