[Ironpython-users] Issue on windows phone: passing parameters to functions

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue May 8 19:30:02 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 9:43 AM, YANG, Lin <oxcsnicho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New to the list due to the fact that I'm working on embedding IronPython in
> WP71 :) My goal is to leverage a Python-based library as the backend of my
> WP application.

Excellent. My hope was that people would start banging on this (and
Android) to suss the bugs out.

> I actually encountered another issue (in addition to the 2+2.5 one that is
> being discovered in March, found that in archives) that seem to be a big
> issue for my porting work. It looks that passing parameters in functions
> does not work currently. Say, you can do the following:

> ...  print 2+2
> 4
>
> but you cannot do this:

> ...  print 2+2+n
> Attempt to access the method failed:
> IronPython.Runtime.PythonFunction
> +FunctionCaller`1.Call1
> (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,
> IronPython.Runtime.CodeContext, System.Object,
> System.Object)

Looks like a bug. Can you open an issue
(http://ironpython.codeplex.com/WorkItem/Create) with a self-contained
reproduction attached (both the python and C# code)?

WP7 isn't very well tested. It compiles, but that's about the extent
of it. You'll likely encounter more issues, but if you're willing to
file bugs for them it would be a huge help.

> Is there a way to work around this?

Global variables? ;)

- Jeff