[Ironpython-users] Differences with pyc-compiled assemblies?

Vernon Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 04:45:56 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM, Nicholas Devenish <misnomer at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2012, at 23:06, Jeff Hardy <jdhardy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > SQLAlchemy works on IronPython? I didn't know that. Very cool. Is
> > there anything that has to be done or does it just work out of the
> > box?
>
> It's supposed to work out of the box - one of the reasons I decided to go
> with IronPython for my current project. I haven't stress tested it, but
> importing the (source) package and running some simple operations on an
> in-memory sqlite database all works without issue.

This is nice to hear.  I was aware that adodbapi was supported (but not
recommended) by SQLAlchemy, and sent an inquiry asking what needed to be
done to improve support.  I attempted to implement the suggestions
(particularly making .rowcount work better) in subsequent versions of
adodbapi. I don't think the SQLAlchemy community has really tried adodbapi
since I started supporting it in 2007. Please get back to me with any
suggestions or other feedback.  I'd be happy to make changes to regain
their support.