[Ironpython-users] Codeplex -> GitHub Issue Migration (Was: Differences with pyc-compiled assemblies?)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 09:20:20 CET 2012

Good work! For the most part, I like it. There are a couple of minor
improvements I'd like to see:

* can you parse the XML-formatted issues (e.g.
http://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/23970) and get the interesting
information (reporter, date, affected version) out of that?
* can you move all of the old metadata to the bottom of the issue,
under "Original Codeplex Issue"?
* the attachment links aren't being rendered properly. Probably just a
slight issue with the Markdown you're using.

For the attachments, the only other reasonable thing I can think of is
to put them in S3. I don't really see any issue with just linking to
the attachments on Codeplex, though, since I doubt they'll go away any
time soon. I'm sure it would be possible if non-trivial to move them
all later anyway.