[Ironpython-users] WPF can't locate Resource File

Daniel Fernandez fernandez_dan2 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 01:18:18 CEST 2012

Hi,  I'm having a problem with trying to find a xaml resource file. I am using the PyWpfSample as my starting point but I added a resource. I have tried various ways to reference ResourceDictionary>
    <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
      <ResourceDictionary Source="myresourcedictionary.xaml"/>
      <ResourceDictionary Source="myresourcedictionary2.xaml"/>
    </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
 </ResourceDictionary> and  <ResourceDictionary>
    <ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
      <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/myresourcedictionary.xaml"/>
      <ResourceDictionary Source="pack://application:,,,/myresourcedictionary2.xaml"/>
    </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
 </ResourceDictionary> The only way I could get it to work is to put the full file path. I have the xaml resources in the same location as my python scripts and main xaml file.   I'm not sure if there is another way to reference a resource xaml file.  Thanks. Danny