[Ironpython-users] Python Tools for Visual Studio 1.5 RC Released

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 23:13:58 CEST 2012

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com> wrote:
> We’re pleased to announce the release of Python Tools for Visual Studio 1.5
> RC. Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for
> Visual Studio which supports programming with the Python language. PTVS
> supports a broad range of features including CPython/IronPython,
> Edit/Intellisense/Debug/Profile, Cloud, HPC, IPython, etc. support.

Awesome, I was waiting for VS2012 support so I could switch.

Quick question: if I run 'Build' on a pyproj file from within VS, does
it run the 'Build' target in the pyproj file? I have some craziness
that I'd like to do in that case, so it would be fantastic if that's
how it worked (ditto 'Rebuild' and 'Clean').

- Jeff