[Ironpython-users] ASP.NET with ironpython

Bernd Viehmann bernd.viehmann at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 12:00:51 CET 2013

Hallo,

I have created a job-exchange online plattform using ASP.NET and IronPython.

The startup of webforms sometimes take longer and sometimes they start quit
fast. I want to make them start fast every time they are called.

Does anybody have some tips for me how to speed-up the start-behavior. Any
help or idea is welcome :-)

Following things are in my mind:

- Is it possible to cache the py-code-behind files in IIS to avoid a
interpreter-run to convert them.
- Does the pyc-compiler can also be used with asp.net projects? Someone
tried that ??
- What is the best IIS-configuration for ipy-web-apps

The webside is allready online and we will start a "naerly" public
beta-test in the next days.
It is using:
- IronPython/ASP.net
- mongoDB
- www.geonames.org data

take a look : www.nejoba.net

currently it is only german. but this will change in the next weeks.

it is a lot fun to work with ipy. thanks to the guys who made it :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Bernd Viehmann
Mahrweg 46
41836 Hückelhoven