[Ironpython-users] ASP.NET with ironpython

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 05:32:54 CET 2013

First off, that is awesome. Especially since I had no idea
IronPython's webforms support even still worked. :)

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 3:00 AM, Bernd Viehmann
<bernd.viehmann at googlemail.com> wrote:
> - Is it possible to cache the py-code-behind files in IIS to avoid a
> interpreter-run to convert them.

I don't think so. However, some versions of IIS have the ability to
warm up an application when IIS starts - see
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2009/09/15/auto-start-asp-net-applications-vs-2010-and-net-4-0-series.aspx
for details.

> - Does the pyc-compiler can also be used with asp.net projects? Someone
> tried that ??

pyc, on the other hand, should work.

> - What is the best IIS-configuration for ipy-web-apps

I honestly have no idea. It's quite possible you're the first person
to deploy a production website using IronPython and ASP.NET. Please
share anything that you find. :)

- Jeff