[Ironpython-users] [ANN] Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.0 Beta
dinov at microsoft.com
Wed Jun 26 19:09:37 CEST 2013
We're pleased to announce the release of Python Tools for Visual Studio 2.0 Beta (https://pytools.codeplex.com/releases/view/103101). Python Tools for Visual Studio (PTVS) is an open-source plug-in for Visual Studio which supports programming with the Python language. PTVS supports a broad range of features including CPython/IronPython, Edit/Intellisense/Debug/Profile, Cloud, HPC, IPython, and cross platform debugging support.
For a quick overview of the general IDE experience, please watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuewiStNT0M.
There are a number of exciting improvement in this release compared to 1.5, all based on your feedback & suggestions. Here's a summary:
NOTE - this is a Beta release which is primarily meant for feedback purposes and has not been tested as much as the 1.5.x RTM releases! This release works with all three VS2010, VS2012 and VS2013. Beta limitations are noted in the corresponding docs for each feature. Please try these bits and let us know what you think!
* New - Mixed-mode debugging! Alpha introduced remote debugging on Linux and MacOS. Beta introduces mixed Python and C/C++ debugging. Please refer to the documentation or this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvJaKQ94lBY
* New - "Python Environments": Please refer to the documentation or this video for an overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1bk7t9YDkE
* "Interpreters" window: quickly see a global view of your installed interpreters and switch between them.
* Vastly improved Virtual Env support: easily and quickly create silo'd environments for installing packages in your project.
* Associate different Interpreters with your Project and quickly switch between them.
* Various Intellisense improvements. Please refer to the documentation or this video for an overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFxRSV9cucM
* Improvements to Django support for Azure Web Sites and Cloud Service - you can now publish a Django site to Azure with minimum number of clicks. Azure provides free hosting to kick the tires. Please refer to the documentation or this video for an overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7A7VNnsA_8
* Various bug fixes to the Azure SDK for Windows, Linux and MacOS.
* New - Starting with VS2013, we're happy to announce that PTVS is "in the box". This means when you install Visual Studio, there is a an existing "Python" download link which will install PTVS for you.
* New - Survey/News feature. This experimental feature will periodically push News items such as "We just posted a new video on Python Debugging: <link>", or mini surveys such as "Do you think PTVS 2.0 RC is ready to ship? Yes No". You are in full control of this feature and can turn it off permanently. No user identifiable information is collected. Whenever we need any, we just ask the NSA.
* Various bug fixes and improvements.
For a list of known issues for this release, please see each feature's docs.
We'd like to thank the following people who took the time to report the issues and feedback for this release: aperception, ardakkolcak, atilev, bbusacker, bde_fft, bveldkamp, Crazometer, cvolzke, delind, fwkz, golubdr, JandalDoe, jmfrank63, joxn, mcdevitts, miloslavbeno, mmclark, newfound, Nirmal4G, noam0101, pasmocko, salbright, shoejunk, soyiharu, tffung, VadimC.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ironpython-users