[Ironpython-users] IronPython float_info values (was: IronPython always in 32-bit mode on 64bit machine even when running ipy64.exe)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed May 8 17:10:50 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber at codesys.com>wrote:

>  Hi,****
>
> ** **
>
> http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2010/06/08/c-math-gotchas/ explains the
> problem: The double.MinValue and double.Epsilon in C# have different
> meanings thant DBL_MIN and DBL_EPSILON in C.****
>
> ** **
>
> I'm looking for a way how to get the wanted values… J

So am I! .NET does not provide them as constants as far as I can tell. I'm
pretty sure .NET requires the use of IEEE-854 floats so they could probably
just be hardcoded to match the C constants but ... ick. Maybe there's a way
to calculate the C versions from what .NET provides?

The relevant issue is https://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/27840.

- Jeff