[Ironpython-users] IronPython float_info values (was: IronPython always in 32-bit mode on 64bit machine even when running ipy64.exe)

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Wed May 8 21:54:07 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Markus Schaber <m.schaber at codesys.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> The main problem for now is that I can't test whatever solution we find,
> because I don't have access to any hardware with non-intel Byte Order and a
> Microsoft .NET. (I don't want to rely on Mono for this test…)

Is ARM big-endian? If so, any Windows 8 ARM tablet (i.e. Surface RT)
or Windows Phone should do. Heck, even the emulator might do. It
shouldn't be too hard to whip up an app that prints those two values,
and I think Alex has a Windows Phone if he'd be willing to test it.

If ARM is little-endian (or Windows/ARM runs in little-endian mode)
then I don't think it matters; we'd have to try Mono on a PowerPC or
something like that.

- Jeff