[Ironpython-users] Item 34263 in 2.7.5?

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 21:32:37 CEST 2014

I think that would be version 3.3 (or will it be 3.4?) which will be the
next "major" release. (Since there will never be a version of Python 2
higher than "2.7" all 2.x releases henceforth will be "point" releases.
  Let me hasten to point out that, since the unicode vs string vs bytes
issue in Python 3 is well defined, the transition to IronPython 3 ought to
be painless.  Many of the incompatibilities between IronPython and CPython
will just go away. Since we will skip ["3.0", "3.1", "3.2"] we will never
have to remove the u"unicode string marker", which was the biggest pain in
writing runs-on-either version code.  2.7 <-> 3.3 is easy.

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM, Daniel Fernandez <fernandez_dan2 at hotmail.com