[Ironpython-users] out, in and byref

Lee Chaplin lchaplin13 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 00:32:26 CET 2014

Hi,

I am trying to understand IPY by converting some VB.NET code to IPY and I
am stuck at some in/out and byref code.
In summary in VB I've got the line:

Call objEdge.GetFaces(NumFaces:=lngNumFaces, Faces:=objFaces)
where
Dim objFaces(1 To 2) As Geometry.Face
Dim lngNumFaces As Long
Public Sub GetFaces(ByRef *NumFaces* As Long, ByRef *Faces*() As Object)

ILSpy tells me that GetFaces (in a third party lib) has the definition (VB):
Sub GetFaces(<Out()> ByRef NumFaces As Integer,
<MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.SafeArray, SafeArraySubType =
VarEnum.VT_DISPATCH)> <[In]()> <Out()> ByRef Faces As Array)

I tried this
    NumFaces = clr.Reference[float](2)
    objFaces = clr.Reference[System.Array[Geometry.Face]]((None,None))  #?
    NumFaces, objFaces = objEdge.GetFaces(NumFaces, objFaces)

but I've got an error saying:
Could not convert argument 1 for call to GetFaces.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lee