[Ironpython-users] Build-Problem : ASP.NET with IronPython 2.7.4

Bernd Viehmann bernd.viehmann at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 17 08:15:00 CET 2014

Hi,

i am playing and have tried to create an ASP.NET project with IronPython
2.7.4. I have copied the dlls to the bin-folder in my project. But in the
platform-folder of the 2.7.4. version there is dll missing:
Microsoft.Web.Scripting.

This dll is used in the old dynamic.language-support example-project (which
is older now). So when i try to build the project i get an error-message
that the type "Microsoft.Web.Scripting.UI.NoCompileCodePageParserFilter"
could not be loaded.

The Microsoft.Web.Scripting.dll is used several times in the web.config
that i have taken from the older dynamic-lng-spprt example. Here is a list:

    <pages compilationMode="Auto"
pageParserFilterType="Microsoft.Web.Scripting.UI.NoCompileCodePageParserFilter"
pageBaseType="Microsoft.Web.Scripting.UI.ScriptPage"
userControlBaseType="Microsoft.Web.Scripting.UI.ScriptUserControl">
      <controls>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI"
assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add tagPrefix="asp" namespace="System.Web.UI.WebControls"
assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      </controls>
    </pages>

    <httpModules>
      <add name="DynamicLanguageHttpModule"
type="Microsoft.Web.Scripting.DynamicLanguageHttpModule"/>
      <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule,
System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    </httpModules>

    <modules>
      <remove name="ScriptModule"/>
      <add name="ScriptModule" preCondition="managedHandler"
type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions,
Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="DynamicLanguageHttpModule" preCondition="integratedMode"
type="Microsoft.Web.Scripting.DynamicLanguageHttpModule"/>
    </modules>

does somebody fixed that? is the dll not longer used and i have to make
some changes in my web.config ? or is there an upgrade for this dll?

thanks much for your help and kind regards

Bernd