[Ironpython-users] Telnetlib exception - "getaddrinfo returns an empty list"

Cemre Mengu cemre.mengu at ttgint.com
Mon Jul 21 15:42:42 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,

I am trying to port a native python script into an IronPython project. The
script gathers data from a list of IPs with telnet. The native version
works perfectly fine however the IronPython version keeps giving me an
exception saying "getaddrinfo returns an empty list".

I am almost sure that this is because the IP is unreachable (which in fact
is) but the native (python) version is able to handle the situation by
telling me that the connection to the specified IP has timed out. I tried
many ways to catch the exception but for some reason it can not be handled.

I am thinking that this may be a bug but it may be also the case that I am
simply doing something wrong. Any ideas ?

*Complete Exception Message:*

An exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in
Snippets.debug.scripting but was not handled in user code

Additional information: getaddrinfo returns an empty list