[Ironpython-users] launcher cp#35064

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:25:17 CEST 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Pawel Jasinski <pawel.jasinski at gmail.com>
wrote:

> we have a moded version of pylauncher
> https://gist.github.com/paweljasinski/5e0b0b59648c6f85c489 as described
> in https://ironpython.codeplex.com/workitem/35064
> Vernon agreed to give it a spin.

Very nice! Did the C code have to change at all? If so, is there an issue
in the CPython tracker to get the changes included upstream?

> What I am trying to figure out is distribution and ip integration.
> I would be very happy if it could make to 2.7.5 msi.
> Is it realistic?

I will hold 2.7.5 until this is integrated.

> Should I just add a cproject to ironlanguages?

For now I think we can include it in the main repo if we have to, but I'd
prefer not.

> I am also not particularly skilled with Wix magic, can anybody help?

Much of cmd.exe batch and msbuild, I'm reasonably skilled in the arkane
magicks of languages no sane person would ever use. :)

The difficulty will be in making sure that only one copy of the Python
launcher is installed. I'll have to decompile the CPython MSI and brush up
on component rules to make sure that if we need an updated binary it gets
installed, and that IP doesn't overwrite any other changes (it just merges
them with the existing ones).

- Jeff