[Ironpython-users] How to forcibly terminate a script?

Andrew Stephens Andrew.Stephens at nu-ins.com
Wed Mar 26 12:10:03 CET 2014

Let’s say I run the following simple script (which also contains an “atexit” func, as I might want to perform some cleanup when the script terminates):-

import atexit
import time
import sys

@atexit.register
def cleanup():
    print 'doing cleanup/termination code'
    sys.exit()

for i in range(100):
    print 'doing something'
    time.sleep(1)

If I call “_engine.Runtime.Shutdown()” in my C# code, it results in the atexit func getting called and raising a SysExitException in the calling C# code (due to the line “sys.exit()”), but the “for” loop still continues to run to completion.
What am I missing? Is it possible to forcibly terminate a running script with IronPython?

Andrew Stephens

Senior Software Engineer

Nu Instruments Ltd

Email:  Andrew.Stephens at nu-ins.com
Tel:    +44 (0) 1978 661304
Fax:    +44 (0) 1978 664301
Web:    www.nu-ins.com<http://www.nu-ins.com>

[cid:1ebda7.png at eacedfb9.4c908aab]

Nu Instruments Ltd
Unit 74 Clywedog Road South
Wrexham Industrial Estate
Wrexham LL13 9XS
United Kingdom

Disclaimer

This message is confidential and may contain privileged information and is protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy or disclose this message to anyone but should kindly notify the sender and delete the message. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message which do not relate to the official business of Nu Instruments Ltd shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. No contracts shall be concluded by means of this email. Neither the Company nor the sender accepts any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from the presence of any computer virus or similar harmful code contained in this email or attachment/s.  It is your responsibility to scan this email and any attachments. The Company reserves the right to access and disclose all messages sent over its email system.

Nu Instruments Ltd is registered in England, No.: 3046042. Registered Office: Seacourt Tower, West Way, Oxford OX2 0FB. VAT No.: GB 616 3733 45