[Ironpython-users] A question on the future of ironpython

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Fri Mar 28 12:57:37 CET 2014

Hi,

In answer to the first question:

As far as I know, Python Tools for Visual Studio has a WPF GUI Designer which works with IronPython.
https://pytools.codeplex.com/

SharpDevelop 4.4 has a Windows Forms Designer with Support for IronPython (which seems to generate C# code under the hood, so it's not pure python).
http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

Glade might work for GTK# which is accessible from IronPython, too.
https://glade.gnome.org/ http://www.mono-project.com/GtkSharp

Any other .NET compatible toolkit should do when you reference the generated assembly from your IronPython code.

I did try neither of them myself, but they might be worth a closer look.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions

3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com | Web: http://www.codesys.com | CODESYS store: http://store.codesys.com
CODESYS forum: http://forum.codesys.com

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915