[Ironpython-users] IronPython SQLite interface

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Fri May 9 16:31:36 CEST 2014

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Doug Blank <doug.blank at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed. But maybe there is a way to still use the Mono.Data.Sqlite code
> base? Perhaps add in more functionality (wouldn't be exposed by ADO),
> accessible via a intermediate API. It seems a waste to have two low-level
> interfaces to sqlite3...

It doesn't seem like a good use of effort to add things to
Mono.Data.SQLite (System.Data.SQLite, which is similar) that are
already exposed in SQLitePCL.raw. The intent of SQLitePCL.raw is to
*be* the definitive low-level wrapper around SQLite that everything
else can build on, so I'd rather put effort there.

Of course, I don't *really* care what library underlies it; if someone
gives me a version that uses M.D.S and supports all of the needed
platforms and all of the functionality, I wouldn't object to it.

- Jeff