[Ironpython-users] import error: scapy on ironpython (windows)

Hemanth M B hemanth at broadcom.com
Mon Apr 6 19:07:28 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I am facing problem to import scapy.all in ironpython shell. It is throwing an error mentioned below:

>>> from scapy.all import *
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\lib\site-packages\scapy\all.py", line 16, in <module>
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\IronPython 2.7\lib\site-packages\scapy\arch\__init__.py", line 54, in <module>
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'uname'

Note:
I have installed scapy using command "ipy -X:Frames -m pip install scapy" and it got installed. As I verified with the scapy official website, one of the prerequisite is pywin32. At par to my knowledge ironpython doesn't support pywin32.

Help me to resolve.

Thanks and Regards,
Hemanth M B
@9010054054