[Ironpython-users] Licenses shipped with IronPython 2.7.5

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Fri Aug 28 11:44:07 CEST 2015

Hi,

it seems that the Licenses shipped with IronPython 2.7.5 are not actually up to date.

The License.StdLib.txt file seems to be 1:1 copied from the cPython standard library, which is not appropriate, as IronPython does not ship OpenSSL nor Berkeley DB, as far as I can see. On the other hand, source files like the Xmlrpclibpy or validate.py come with their own licenses which are not noted within said file.

That means I'll need to do a more thorough investigation as we're redistributing IronPython, and our lawyers want everything to be clean.

Does any accurate license file for the standard library shipped with IronPython 2.7.5 exist?

If not, would you be interested in a contribution of such a file?

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS(r) a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
________________________________
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com<mailto:m.schaber at codesys.com> | Web: codesys.com<http://www.codesys.com> | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com<http://store.codesys.com>
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com<http://forum.codesys.com>

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.