[Ironpython-users] Can IronPython be used without installation?

Markus Schaber m.schaber at codesys.com
Fri Dec 18 01:48:28 EST 2015

Hi,

We do the same with CODESYS. We dump the IronPython and DLR dlls in the GAC in our installer, and unpack the python files of the standard library into a subfolder in our installation directory.

It works fine.

There’s just one small glitch in our current implementation: Currently, our installation is not yet conforming to some common conventions for python interpreters, which complicates debugging, installation of site-packages, pip etc. a little bit… If you’re starting a new project, you might want to check those requirements, to see whether you want to follow them or not.

Best regards

Markus Schaber

CODESYS® a trademark of 3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH

Inspiring Automation Solutions
________________________________
3S-Smart Software Solutions GmbH
Dipl.-Inf. Markus Schaber | Product Development Core Technology
Memminger Str. 151 | 87439 Kempten | Germany
Tel. +49-831-54031-979 | Fax +49-831-54031-50

E-Mail: m.schaber at codesys.com<mailto:m.schaber at codesys.com> | Web: codesys.com<http://www.codesys.com> | CODESYS store: store.codesys.com<http://store.codesys.com>
CODESYS forum: forum.codesys.com<http://forum.codesys.com>

Managing Directors: Dipl.Inf. Dieter Hess, Dipl.Inf. Manfred Werner | Trade register: Kempten HRB 6186 | Tax ID No.: DE 167014915
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received
this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure
or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.