[Ironpython-users] Upcoming Release 2.7.6

Jeff Hardy jdhardy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 00:57:53 EST 2015

It's been a while (too long) since the last release so it's probably time
for another one. There's a few changes already as well as some new PRs to
include, and I have a few changes I'm working on as well.

Things will be quite busy for me the first few months of next year, so this
will probably be a shorter release cycle to get things ready either before
Christmas or early January. If you have any particular issue you want
looked at, +1 it on the GitHub issues page. The main one outstanding is the
issue with weakrefs (such as #1173) which I'm going to try to take care of.
It's probably also time to resync the stdlib, which is a pretty major task
in and of itself.

The other major issue is getting IronPython 3 in a state where people can
work on it. I'll pick away at that, but priority is getting 2.7.6 out.

- Jeff